I am back from the conference in KY. I was alone most of the time, except for the conference building where I had to sit with other academics, talking about stuff that I am not into. It was that time I felt really sick to stomach thinking 'what the hell I am doing here?!'. It seemed like everyone is doing great stuff and I could not find my place among them.
Just like in any group... I always feel that I am the odd one... doesn't fit right wherever I go... definitely a self-confidence problem... but it is not easy to change overnight after living as a loner for so many years...
I walked alone everyday... Here are some photos:
I liked walking in this park a lot. Ohio River is lying near the statue. I felt like someone is waiting for me at the end. Like there is a reason and reward for this long walk (and life).
Then I sat near the statue, watched Ohio River, and waited for a night-shot below. It started raining. I put my earphones on, listened Richard Marx, and sang together as I continued watching the river at night... I was all alone in that park...No one was as crazy as me to wait for a night-view shot in the rain :)
Then rain stopped. I started walking downtown to 4th street, where is there is live music everyday and where there is Borders.. my favorite coffee shop... I wonder why so many people like Starbucks... I LOVE Borders. It reminds me of good old days...
This month will be a career month for me... Looks like I will be a loner for a while again, working at my desk long hours :P


